Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Search for Truth

I wanted to start this blog to create a dialog about politics, religion, science and social values. There seems to be very polarizing attitudes among the politicians. Very few seem to be willing to listen to the opposition. Not every Democratic or Republican idea is bad. The American people are ready for the bickering to stop. Those who are on opposite sides of an issue, need to respect the fact that the opposition just might have some valid points. There is nothing wrong with having a strong point of view. I do. I am a Conservative Christian with the view that the Bible is The Truth, period. But, I respect the views of those from other religions, political parties and world views. I am in search of people who are willing to articulate their position and respect those who disagree, so that we may all receive the benefit of the give and take of ideas.

Well, that's all for now. I look forward to finding those who want to explore the best ideas.

1 comment:

Rosezilla (Tracie Walker) said...

What a breath of fresh air this will be! I've always believed we all have insights into the truth and if we push ego out of the way, we can help each other discover it. There are some things that cannot change - for instance, I trust in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, and no one will convince me otherwise. But as for solutions for America's problems, there are many ways to look at things. The politicians are supposed to be our representatives. Let's give them something to work with by telling them clearly how we want to be represented and holding them responsible.