Thursday, February 7, 2008

The Most Dangerous Man in America

Yes, It's Rush Limbaugh's moniker. But my question is, dangerous to whom? I cannot believe the ferociousness of the attack against John McCain by Rush and others in the conservative talk show circles. They are just hammering away at him in an obvious effort to derail his nomination as the Republican presidential candidate. I know that McCain has not been the darling of the Republican party. He tends to go his own way and that irritates the party faithful. But, if I was a pundit who favored the Democrats, then I would be waiting with glee at the prospect of McCain winning the Republican nomination, so that I could use all of the stuff that Rush is saying against McCain now. In their effort to undo McCain, the conservative pundits are giving the opposition ammunition for the future.

These pundits have gotten too big for their own britches. They think that we are sheep and that they need to shepherd us in the right direction. The American people are tired of the bickering and partisanship in Washington and want people who will work together for the good of the people. The Rush Limbaughs of talk radio have crowned themselves as the gatekeepers of the conservative point of view. Well, I say that anyone who is self appointed does not have the true welfare of the people at heart. "Lord High Muckety-Muck" as my friend GAH would say, is the title that I would give him.

Now that Mitt Romney has suspended his campaign, what is Rush going to do? Take it all back and now extol the virtues of John McCain? I hope not. McCain does not need the Rush crowd, he has the Republican voters to thank for his rise in political fortune and I hope that he remembers that all the way to the White House. McCain/Huckabee is the ticket I would like to see.

No comments: